1. DEFINITIONS. “Authorized Individuals” are those individuals that Customer directly or indirectly allows to use the Equipment, who are properly trained to use the Equipment and are not under the influence of any drugs, alcohol, substances or otherwise impaired. “Customer” is identified earlier and includes any of its representatives, agents, officers, employees or anyone signing this Contract on its behalf. “Environmental Fee” is the charge described in Section 16. “Equipment” is the equipment and/or services identified earlier, together with all replacements, repairs, additions, attachments and accessories and all future Equipment rented. “Incident” is any fine, citation, theft, accident, casualty, loss, vandalism, injury, death or damage to person or property, claimed by any person or entity that appears to have occurred in connection with the Equipment. Equipment is considered “Lost” when it is either stolen, its location is unknown or Customer is unable to recover it for a period of 10 days. “MSLP” is the Equipment manufacturer’s suggested list price on or about the date of the Incident relating to the Equipment. “One Shift,” means not more than 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week. “Ordinary Wear and Tear” means normal deterioration considered reasonable in the equipment rental industry for One Shift use. “Pick-Up Number” is the number Customer obtains from McLaren Rentals evidencing the Customer’s call to pick up Equipment. “Rental Period” commences when the Equipment is delivered to Customer or the Site Address and continues until the Equipment is returned to the Store or picked up by McLaren Rentals during normal business hours, provided Customer has otherwise complied with this Contract. “RPP” is the rental protection plan described in Section 10. “Site Address” is the location that Customer represents the Equipment will be located during the Rental Period identified earlier. “Store” is the McLaren Rentals location identified earlier. “McLaren Rentals” is McLaren Rentals Jacksonville, LLC. “McLaren Rentals Entities” is McLaren Rentals and its affiliated companies, their respective officers, directors, employees and agents.
2. TERMS. Lease shall commence upon signing of this agreement or the date Equipment leaves the McLaren Rentals premises and shall continue until the Equipment is returned to the location from which the Lease originated. All terms herein are incorporated into this and all past and future contracts between McLaren Rentals and Customer upon Customer’s receipt of McLaren Rentals’ Equipment under those contracts. Any reference in Customer’s purchase order or other Customer document to other terms that shall control this transaction shall be void. Customer rents the Equipment from McLaren Rentals pursuant to this Contract. This Contract is a true lease. The Equipment (a) is and shall remain the personal property of McLaren Rentals and (b) shall not be affixed to any other property.
3. PERMITTED USE. Customer agrees that McLaren Rentals has no control over the manner in which the Equipment is operated during the Rental Period by Customer or any third party that Customer implicitly or explicitly permits. Customer warrants that: (a) prior to each use, Customer has had an opportunity to inspect the Equipment and finds it suitable for Customer’s intended use and in good condition, without defects, includes readable decals and operating and safety equipment or instructions; (b) any apparent agent at the Site Address is authorized to accept delivery of the Equipment (and if Customer requests, Customer authorizes McLaren Rentals to leave the Equipment at the Site Address without requirement of written receipt); (c) Customer shall immediately notify McLaren Rentals if the Equipment is Lost, damaged, unsafe, disabled, malfunctioning, levied upon, threatened with seizure, or if any Incident occurs; (d) Customer has received from McLaren Rentals all information needed or requested regarding the operation of the Equipment; (e) McLaren Rentals is not responsible for providing operator or other training (f) Customer represents and warrants only authorized operators with knowledge and training necessary to operate the Equipment properly, safely and in accordance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations may operate Equipment; (g) the Equipment shall be kept in a secure location.
4. PROHIBITED USE. Customer shall not (a) alter or cover any decals or insignia on the Equipment or remove any operating or safety equipment or instructions; (b) assign its rights under this Contract; (c) move the Equipment from the Site Address without McLaren Rentals’ written consent; (d) use the Equipment in a negligent, illegal, unauthorized or abusive manner, or in any publication (print or digital); or (e) allow the use of the Equipment by any unauthorized individual (Customer acknowledging that the Equipment may be dangerous if used improperly or by untrained parties).
5. MAINTENANCE. Customer agrees to use and maintain the Equipment in accordance with the operator’s manual and any and all instructions communicated by McLaren Rentals to Customer. Customer shall not make any modification, alternation or addition to the Equipment. Customer shall perform routine maintenance on the Equipment, including routine inspections and maintenance of fuel and oil levels, grease, cooling system, water, batteries, cutting edges, and cleaning in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications. All other maintenance or repairs may only be performed by McLaren Rentals or its agents, but McLaren Rentals has no responsibility during the Rental Period to inspect or perform any maintenance or repairs unless Customer requests a service call. If McLaren Rentals determines that repairs to the Equipment are needed, other than Ordinary Wear and Tear, Customer shall pay the full repair charges and rental of the Equipment until Equipment is restored to a usable-rentable condition. McLaren Rentals has the right to inspect the Equipment wherever located. Customer has the authority to and hereby grants McLaren Rentals and its agents the right to enter the physical location of the Equipment for the purposes set forth herein. Customer agrees that repair or replacement of the Equipment is Customer’s exclusive remedy for McLaren Rentals’ breach of this Section. Notwithstanding McLaren Rentals’ service commitment, McLaren Rentals shall have no obligation if Customer breaches this Contract to stop the Rental Period, commence repairs or rent other equipment to Customer until Customer or its agent agrees to pay for such charges.
6. CUSTOMER LIABILITY. DURING THE RENTAL PERIOD, CUSTOMER AT ITS SOLE EXPENSE ASSUMES ALL RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE POSSESSION, CONTROL OR USE OF THE EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, RENTAL CHARGES, THEFT, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND DESTRUCTION, INCLUDING CUSTOMER TRANSPORTATION, LOADING AND UNLOADING, WHETHER OR NOT THE CUSTOMER IS AT FAULT. Customer will not allow anyone to use the Equipment (a) for illegal purpose or in an illegal manner; (b) without a license or (c) who is not qualified to operate it. Customer agrees to use the Equipment in the regular course of its business and only for the purpose intended. After an Incident, Customer shall (a) immediately notify McLaren Rentals, the police, if necessary and Customer’s insurance carriers; (b) secure and maintain the Equipment and the surrounding premises in the condition existing at the time of such Incident, until McLaren Rentals or its agents investigate; (c) immediately submit copies of all police or other third party reports to McLaren Rentals; and (d) as applicable, pay McLaren Rentals, in addition to other sums due herein, the rental rate for Equipment until the repairs are completed or Equipment replaced plus either (i) the MSLP or (ii) the full charges of repairs of damaged Equipment. Accrued rental charges shall not be applied against these amounts. McLaren Rentals shall have the immediate right, but not obligation, to reclaim any Equipment involved in any Incident. Customer shall have the entire risk of loss, damage, destruction or theft of the Equipment from ALL causes whatsoever, including acts of God, whether or not due to the fault of Customer, during the term of this Lease and thereafter until returned to McLaren Rentals.
7. NO WARRANTIES. McLaren Rentals does not design or manufacture the Equipment and is not the agent of those that do. MCLAREN RENTALS DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE EQUIPMENT, ITS DURABILITY, CONDITION, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES ACCEPTANCE OF THE EQUIPMENT ON AN “AS IS, WHERE IS” BASIS, WITH “ALL FAULTS” AND WITHOUT ANY RECOURSE WHATSOEVER AGAINST MCLAREN RENTALS ENTITIES. CUSTOMER ASSUMES ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE EQUIPMENT AND RELEASES MCLAREN RENTALS ENTITIES FROM ALL LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, PERSONAL INJURY, AND SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE EQUIPMENT, ITS OPERATION OR USE OR ANY DEFECT OR FAILURE THEREOF OR A BREACH OF MCLAREN RENTALS’ OBLIGATIONS HEREIN.
8. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CUSTOMER INDEMNIFIES, RELEASES, HOLDS MCLAREN RENTALS ENTITIES HARMLESS AND AT MCLAREN RENTALS’ REQUEST, DEFENDS MCLAREN RENTALS ENTITIES (WITH COUNSEL APPROVED BY MCLAREN RENTALS), FROM AND AGAINST ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S AND/OR LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES) HOWEVER ARISING OR INCURRED, RELATED TO ANY INCIDENT, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INJURY OR DEATH OF, ANY PERSON, CONTAMINATION OR ALLEGED CONTAMINATION, OR VIOLATION OF LAW OR REGULATION CAUSED BY OR CONNECTED WITH THE (a) USE, POSSESSION OR CONTROL OF THE EQUIPMENT DURING THE RENTAL PERIOD OR (b) BREACH OF THIS CONTRACT, WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN PART BY THE ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER FAULT OF ANY PARTY INDEMNIFIED HEREIN AND ANY OF THE FOREGOING ARISING OR IMPOSED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE DOCTRINE OF STRICT OR ABSOLUTE LIABILITY. CUSTOMER ALSO AGREES TO WAIVE ITS WORKERS’ COMPENSATION IMMUNITY, TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE. CUSTOMER’S INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS SHALL SURVIVE THE EXPIRATION OR TERMINATION OF THIS CONTRACT. All of Customer’s indemnification obligations under this paragraph shall be joint and several.
9. INSURANCE. During the Rental Period, Customer shall maintain, at its own expense, the following minimum insurance coverage: (a) general liability insurance of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, including coverage for Customer’s contractual liabilities herein such as the release and indemnification clause contained in Section 8; (b) property insurance against loss by all risks to the Equipment, in an amount at least equal to the MSLP thereof, unless RPP is elected and paid for at the time of rental; (c) worker’s compensation insurance as required by law; and (d) automobile liability insurance (including comprehensive and collision coverage, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage), in the same amounts set forth in subsections (a) and (b), if the Equipment is to be used on any roadway. Such policies shall be primary, non-contributory, on an occurrence basis, contain a waiver of subrogation, name McLaren Rentals and its agents as an additional insured (including an additional insured endorsement) and loss payee, and provide for McLaren Rentals to receive at least 30 days prior written notice of any cancellation or material change. Any insurance that excludes boom damage or overturns is a breach. Customer shall provide McLaren Rentals with certificates of insurance evidencing the coverages required above prior to any rental and any time upon McLaren Rentals’ request. To the extent McLaren Rentals carry any insurance, McLaren Rentals’ insurance will be considered excess insurance. The insurance required herein does not relieve Customer of its responsibilities, indemnification, or other obligations provided herein, or for which Customer may be liable by law or otherwise.
10. RENTAL PROTECTION PLAN. Customer’s repair or replacement responsibility in Sections 5 and 6 is modified by the RPP and McLaren Rentals shall limit the amount McLaren Rentals collects from Customer for the Equipment loss, damage or destruction to the following amounts for each piece of Equipment: (a) 10% of the MSLP for Lost Equipment, up to a maximum of $1,500 per piece of Equipment; (b) 10% of the repair charges for incidental or accidental damage to Equipment, up to a maximum of $1,500 per piece of Equipment; (c) charges in excess of $50 per tire for tire repairs; and (d) nothing for the rental charges which would otherwise accrue during the period when damaged or destroyed Equipment is being repaired or replaced by McLaren Rentals or Lost Equipment is being replaced; provided however, the foregoing RPP liability reduction only applies if the Conditions are satisfied and an Exclusion does not apply. The RPP is NOT INSURANCE and does NOT protect Customer from liability to McLaren Rentals or others arising out of possession, control or use of the Equipment, including injury or damage to persons or property. THE RPP IS A CONTRACTUAL MODIFICATION OF CUSTOMER’S LIABILITY. All of the following “Conditions” must be satisfied for the RPP and the corresponding liability reduction to apply: (i) Customer accepts the RPP in advance of the rental; (ii) Customer pays up to 15% of the gross rental charges as the fee for the RPP (plus applicable taxes); (iii) Customer fully complies with the terms of this Contract; (iv) Customer’s account is current at the time of the loss, theft, damage or destruction of the Equipment; and (v) none of the Exclusions apply. Customer assumes the Exclusion risks, meaning that if any Exclusion occurs, the RPP does NOT reduce the liability of Customer to McLaren Rentals for the loss, theft, damage or destruction resulting from such Exclusion. “Exclusions” shall mean loss, theft, damage or destruction of the Equipment: (A) due to intentional misuse; (B) caused by Lost Equipment not reported by Customer to the police within 48 hours of discovery, and substantiated by a written police report (promptly delivered to McLaren Rentals); (C) due to floods, wind, storms, earthquakes or other Acts of God; and (D) accessories or Equipment for which Customer is not charged the RPP fee. THE EXCLUSIONS REMAIN THE LIABILITY OF CUSTOMER AND ARE NOT MODIFIED BY THE RPP. RPP IS REFLECTED ON THE CONTRACT AS PART OF CUSTOMERS ESTIMATED CHARGES UNLESS CUSTOMER HAS ELECTED TO DECLINE RPP IN WRITING OR MADE OTHER CONTRACTUAL ARRANGEMENTS. Notwithstanding
anything to the contrary in this Contract, if Lost Equipment is later recovered, McLaren Rentals retains ownership of the Equipment regardless of any payments made by Customer or Customer’s insurance company with respect to such Equipment, all of which payments are non-refundable. Customer agrees to promptly return any Equipment that is recovered. McLaren Rentals shall be subrogated to Customer’s rights to recover against any person or entity relating to any loss, theft, damage or destruction to the Equipment. Customer shall cooperate with, assign McLaren Rentals all claims and proceeds arising from such loss, theft, damage or destruction, execute and deliver to McLaren Rentals whatever documents are required and take all other necessary steps to secure in McLaren Rentals such rights, at Customer’s expense.
11. RENTAL RATES. The total charges specified in this Contract are: (a) estimated based upon Customer’s representation of the estimated Rental Period identified herein (rental rates beyond the estimated Rental Period may change) and other information conveyed by Customer to McLaren Rentals; and (b) for the Equipment’s use for One Shift, unless otherwise noted. Weekly and 4 week rental rates shall not be prorated. Rental charges accrue during Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. The rental rates do not include and Customer is responsible for, (i) all consumables, fees, licenses, present and future taxes and any other governmental charges based on Customer’s possession and/or use of the Equipment, including additional fees for more than One Shift use; (ii) delivery and pickup charges to and from the Store, including but not limited to any freight, transportation, delivery, pickup and surcharge fees listed in this Contract; (iii) maintenance, repairs and replacements to the Equipment as provided herein; (iv) a cleaning fee if required; (v) miscellaneous charges, such as fees for lost keys and RPP; (vi) fuel used during the Rental Period and for refueling Equipment as described below; (vii) fines for use of dyed diesel fuel in on-road Equipment; and (viii) a Environmental Fee and (ix) Transportation Surcharge. The convenience charge for off road diesel fuel does not include governmental motor fuel taxes or charges. McLaren Rentals collects these fees as revenue and uses them at its discretion.
12. PAYMENT. The initial Lease Charge is billed at the commencement of this Lease and payment is due full, without any offsets, at the time of rental, unless McLaren Rentals approves Customer’s executed credit application (credit customers must pay, upon receipt of McLaren Rentals’ invoice). Customer must notify McLaren Rentals in writing of any disputed amounts, including credit card charges, within 15 days after the receipt of the invoice/contract or Customer shall be deemed to have irrevocably waived its right to dispute such amounts. Lease Charges not paid on time are subject to a late payment fee to McLaren Rentals on such delinquent payment until fully paid, Payments, when made, shall apply first to accrued late or delinquency charges. Customer’s obligation to pay the Lease Charge will be absolute and unconditional and will not be affected or reduced by any circumstance. At McLaren Rentals’ discretion, any credit account with a delinquent balance may be placed on a cash basis, deposits may be required and the Equipment may be picked up without notice. Due to the difficulty in fixing actual damages caused by late payment, Customer agrees that a service charge equal to the lesser of 1.5% per month or the maximum rate permitted by law shall be assessed on all delinquent accounts, until paid in full. Customer shall pay a fee of $75 for each check returned for lack of sufficient funds to compensate McLaren Rentals for its overhead for processing missed payment. Deposits will only be returned after all amounts are paid in full. Customer agrees that if a credit card is presented to pay for charges or to guarantee payment, Customer authorizes McLaren Rentals to charge the credit card all amounts shown on this Contract and charges subsequently incurred by Customer, including but not limited to, loss of or damage to the Equipment and extension of the Rental Period.
13. RETURN OF EQUIPMENT. McLaren Rentals may terminate this Contract at any time, for any reason. At the end of the Rental Period, the Equipment shall be returned to McLaren Rentals in the same condition it was received, less Ordinary Wear and Tear and free of any hazardous materials and contaminants. Customer will continue to be responsible for rental and other charges after the Rental Period if the Equipment is not returned in the condition required herein. If McLaren Rentals delivered the Equipment to Customer, Customer shall notify McLaren Rentals that the Equipment is ready to be picked up at the Site Address and obtain a Pick-Up Number, which Pick-Up Number Customer should keep as proof of the call; provided Customer remains liable for any loss, theft, damage to or destruction of the Equipment until McLaren Rentals confirms that the Equipment is returned in the condition required herein. Customer will not be charged the rental charges after the date the Pick-Up Number is given, provided Customer has otherwise complied with this Contract. No pickups occur on Sundays or statutory holidays and Saturday pickups are dependent on specific Store hours. If Customer picked up Equipment, Customer shall return Equipment to the same Store during that Store’s normal business hours. If the Equipment is not returned by the estimated end of the Rental Period specified earlier, Customer agrees to pay the applicable rental rate for the Equipment until the end of the Rental Period.
14. PURCHASES: If this Contract identifies any Equipment, materials or other items that is to be purchased by Customer,
McLaren Rentals sells and delivers such items to Customer on an “AS IS, WHERE IS” basis, with all faults and without any warranties (other than manufacturer warranties, if any) in consideration for Customer’s payment to McLaren Rentals of the full purchase price of the item, McLaren Rentals retains title to the item until Customer has paid in full.
15. DEFAULT. Customer shall be in default if McLaren Rentals deems itself insecure or if Customer: (a) fails to pay sums when due; (b) breaches any Section of this Contract; (c) becomes a debtor in a bankruptcy proceeding, goes into receivership, takes protection from its creditors under any insolvency legislation, ceases to carry on business, or has its assets seized by any creditor; (d) fails to insure the Equipment as required, or otherwise places the Equipment at risk; (e) fails to return Equipment immediately upon McLaren Rentals’ demand; or (f) is in default under any other contract with McLaren Rentals. If a Customer default occurs, McLaren Rentals shall have, in addition to all rights and remedies at law or in equity, the right to repossess the Equipment without judicial process or prior notice. Customer shall pay all of McLaren Rentals’ costs, including reasonable costs of collection, court costs, attorneys and legal fees, incurred in exercising any of its rights or remedies herein. The use of false identification to obtain Equipment or the failure to return Equipment by the end of the Rental Period may be considered theft, subject to criminal prosecution and civil liability where permitted, pursuant to applicable laws. McLaren Rentals shall not be liable due to seizure of Equipment by order of governmental authority. Customer waives any right of action against McLaren Rentals for such repossession.
16. ENVIRONMENTAL FEE. To promote a clean and sustainable environment, McLaren Rentals takes various measures to comply with applicable environmental regulations, as well as with McLaren Rentals’ own policies. McLaren Rentals also incurs a wide range of environmental related expenses (both direct and indirect). These expenses may include services such as waste disposal, construction and maintenance of cleaning facilities, acquisition of more fuel-efficient equipment, as well as, labor costs, administration costs, etc. To help defray these and other costs, McLaren Rentals assesses an Environmental Fee, plus applicable taxes thereon in connection with certain rentals. The Environmental Fee is not a tax or governmentally mandated charge, and is not designated for any particular use or placed in an escrow account, but is a charge that McLaren Rentals collects as revenue and uses at its discretion.
17. FUEL. Customer is responsible for returning all Equipment to McLaren Rentals with full tanks of fuel. Any fuel required upon return will be charged to Customer at McLaren Rentals current rate per gallon. Customer shall be solely responsible for all washing, highway road service, towing charges, tolls and all fines incurred in connection with the Equipment. Customer shall be solely responsible for all license fees, permits, assessments, etc. imposed upon the possession, operation, rental or use of the Equipment.
18. LIMITATION OF MCLAREN RENTALS’ LIABILITY. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE RENTAL OF EQUIPMENT, CUSTOMER AGREES THAT MCLAREN RENTALS’ LIABILITY UNDER THIS CONTRACT, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM MCLAREN RENTALS’, MCLAREN RENTALS ENTITIES, OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S COMPARATIVE, CONCURRENT, CONTRIBUTORY, PASSIVE OR ACTIVE NEGLIGENCE OR THAT ARISES AS A RESULT OF ANY STRICT OR ABSOLUTE LIABILITY, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL RENTAL CHARGES PAID BY CUSTOMER UNDER THIS CONTRACT.
19. JURY TRIAL WAIVER. IN ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR IN ANY WAY PERTAINING TO THIS CONTRACT, CUSTOMER AND MCLAREN RENTALS HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY, THIS WAIVER BEING A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT TO ENTERING INTO THIS CONTRACT.
20. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT & CLASS ACTION WAIVER. AT THE ELECTION OF CUSTOMER OR MCLAREN RENTALS, ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF, IN CONNECTION WITH OR IN ANY WAY PERTAINING TO THIS CONTRACT SHALL BE SETTLED BY ARBITRATION BROUGHT IN THE PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF IN A PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES OR BY JAMS PURSUANT TO ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES AND JUDGEMENT ON THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR(S) MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF. THERE SHALL BE NO RIGHT OR AUTHORITY FOR ANY CLAIMS TO BE ARBITRATED OR TRIED ON A CLASS ACTION BASIS.
21. COMPLIANCE WITH EXPORT AND IMPORT LAWS. Removal of the Equipment from the United States (“U.S.”) is prohibited under this Contract. If Customer desires or causes the transport and/or operation of the Equipment outside of the U.S., Customer must (a) obtain McLaren Rentals’ consent prior to taking such action, and (b) execute an amendment to this Contract, which amendment is incorporated herein. If Customer exports or re-exports without complying with the above sentence, Customer agrees that (i) the Equipment is subject to and must comply with all applicable export laws, including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations; and (ii) Customer is responsible for: (A) determining whether and obtaining if necessary, export or re-export licenses or other authorizations as required prior to exporting or re-exporting the Equipment, (B) obtaining any required documentation necessary for return of the Equipment, and (C) ensuring no unauthorized transfers or diversions of the Equipment occur. Refer to www.bis.doc.gov for information.
22. GOVERNING LAW. The parties expressly and irrevocably agree: (a) this Contract, including any related tort claims, shall be governed by the laws of Florida, without regard to any conflicts of law principles and (b) if any Section of this Contract is prohibited by any law, such Section shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition without invalidating the remaining Sections.
23. EQUIPMENT LOCATION. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, the Equipment leased hereunder shall be kept and used only at the place identified by the “Job Site” location on the face of this Lease.
24. SITE ENVIRONMENTAND CLEANING. Machines may not be used in environments with corrosive or acidic materials. All Equipment which is operated in hazardous materials by Customer shall be decontaminated pursuant to applicable federal and/or state guidelines prior to returning it to McLaren Rentals. If, in McLaren Rentals sole judgment, the Equipment is not appropriately decontaminated, Customer shall pay all costs, fees or expenses incurred by McLaren Rentals to complete the decontamination process and any such costs, fees or expenses shall be considered Lease Charges hereunder. Before the Equipment is returned it MUST be cleaned and power washed. Additional charges may apply for failure to do so at a minimum of $150.
26. WARNING: FAILURE TO RETURN RENTED PROPERTY UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT MAY SUBJECT THE CUSOMER TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Any criminal prosecution will be in addition to any civil penalties which exist at law or under the terms of this Lease.
27. CANCELLATION. A cancellation fee of 30% of the total rental amount will be billed for cancellations within 24 hours of the start of the rental period.
28. MISCELLANEOUS. This Contract constitutes the entire agreement of the parties regarding the Equipment and may not be modified except by written amendment signed by the parties. Customer’s obligations hereunder shall survive the termination of this Contract. This Contract and all of Customer’s rights in and to the Equipment are subordinate to all rights, title and interest of all persons (including McLaren Rentals’ lenders) who have rights in the Equipment. A copy of this Contract shall be valid as the original. Any failure by McLaren Rentals to insist upon strict performance of any Section of this Contract shall not be construed as a waiver of the right to demand strict performance in the future. Customer and the person signing this Contract represent that: (a) they both have full authority to execute, deliver and perform this Contract and (b) this Contract constitutes a legal, valid and binding obligation of Customer, enforceable in accordance with its terms. When Customer is a buyer of Equipment, they are hereby notified that McLaren Rentals has assigned its rights (but not its obligations) in the agreement to sell the asset(s) described herein to McLaren Rentals, and Customer shall make the payee “McLaren Rentals”.